Monday, March 8, 2010

I Don't Even Know One Man Named Monday

When Annie was little she didn't really understand the concept of 'opinion.' Especially how it related to the concept of 'fact.' It is a hard thing for a kid to grasp, I guess. Hard thing for an adult to grasp. But she was convinced that because she thought Barbara Streisand was the greatest singer that it meant that Barbara Streisand was the greatest singer.

When I was little I thought that once there was a song title out there, that no other songs could have that same title. I was outraged - scandalized - when Sugar Ray came out with that song "Fly" [although, when Mark McGrath sang "put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby," the 11 year old me wanted to so bad, ya'll] since "Fly" was already the name of the closing track on Celine Dion's Falling Into You album.

I also thought that "Just another Manic Monday" was "Just another man named Monday" and was like another?!

No comments:

Post a Comment